- ABOUT US
- RACER INFO
The uptake of licencing online is exceeding our expectations. Although there have been a few minor issues we are pleased that, overall this has been a positive step.
The National Series Calendar which has been released incorporates rounds to be held at Meremere and Ruapuna. A number of Racers have enquired about how the points will be allocated and after completing a group survey among our members, it has been decided to allocate points as per the rule book.
Clash of Dates: Taupo / Masterton
Firstly, the Board wish to be clear that having two events on the same date is not ideal. That said, NZDRA does NOT select or set event dates. We endeavour to build a National Points Series within the dates supplied by the Promoters.
The 3rd January 2015 date was booked in advance at Taupo in October 2013 albeit there was no confirmed Promoter. MMP was informed of the booking and declared openly that they would run on that date regardless. Both the MMP and Taupo Promoters have been informed and the NZDRA National Points round at Taupo has been shifted to the December 28th meeting to enable Racers to choose their meeting fairly.
Going forward, ALL Track Promoters must meet and ratify the following seasons dates at a Track Committee Meeting no later than 30th May of the preceding season. This committee meeting is only facilitated NOT ruled on by NZDRA.
The Board wish to thank you all for your help and assistance in understanding that the Association now operates with a part time Administrator (Monique Duckett) backed up by the Directors each carrying greater responsibility. If there is something we have missed or misunderstood, please be considerate and contact us in the appropriate manner to enable the correct outcome for all.
The current rulebook is available for you on our website under the Technical tab. We encourage all members to check it out and in particular, any new rules that may apply to your class.
Stacey Price is looking for at least 10 teams who would like to be a part of the first series of Raceface Quarter Mile Combat Cards in the country. So far I have three people who have submitted their information and paid up for the cards.
These cards will create a buzz with the next generation of Drag Racing fans as they hunt down YOUR pit bay to get YOUR card so they can collect the whole set and play “QuarterMile Combat” with their friends!
They have been running successfully in Australia for the last couple of years already.
Card Details: Please see attachment for an example of a Raceface Card.
• Card Size: 62mmx88mm (This is a standard collector card size to fit in generic collector card plastic folders)
• 300gsm (standard business card thickness)
• Full colour both sides (Raceface logo one side, your profile on the other)
• Laminated one side
• You supply your favourite photo and stats for your race vehicle!
• Each card displays your stats for Engine Capacity, Top Speed, Quickest Time, Vehicle Weight and Career Wins!
• Racefans play Quarter Mile Combat against their friends, and whoever has the card with the highest figure in any given stat wins their competitors card until the player with all the cards wins!
So the next stage is getting the info and photo’s needed for the cards. All I need from each racer is:
1. Your favourite photo of the car, (make sure you own the photo OR YOU HAVE PERMISSION from the track photographer who took it. Non-burnout photos are preferable. )
2. Your favourite photo of you - preferably smiling!
3. Up to 4 Sponsor logos
4. Choose your quantity – 500 ($170NZD) or 1000 ($280NZD)
Your stats for the following:
o Vehicle Make and Model
o Your Race Number
o Engine Capacity (in Litres – kids don’t think in cubic inches!)
o Top Speed (in kph)
o Quickest Time
o Wheelbase (in mm)
o Weight (in kg)
o Website that you’d like to point fans to – (your own or your major sponsor)
I’ll also need to write a little piece on the side about you – so tell me the following and I’ll put something together:
Ambitions for the future?
Greatest career highlight?
Why did you start racing?
Then I'll send you a proof of the design for you to sign off.